Saturday 24 August 2013

Summer Colour Surprise Blog Hop!

Hello Everyone and welcome to my *ahem* attempt at something new.  Yikes, terrible attempt, but nonetheless, I made it in time.  Lisa Lodge and Pine Ridge Treasures have hosted this blog hop (among many others), to stretch our creative muses and she always seems to want to stretch mine to its breaking point...lol.

Alas, I have tried.  Lisa sent me polymer clay beads from Torie Sophia (whom I absolutely adore!) and some summer green faceted beads.  Love the colours...not comfortable with the big chunky beads.  I am but a lowly beadweaver and bead embroiderer, and these beads just begged for some big bohemian type of piece.  HA!  Again, I gave it my good shot and here is what came of it....





I hope you enjoy the hop as I know I am going to!  Thanks again Lisa Lodge for making me creatie something out of my comfort zone...lol...Love ya!

Please continue hopping to these wonderful beaders and their blogs:

Your Hostess: Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist
Chris Eisenberg, Wander Ware
Audrey Belanger, Dreams of an Absolution
Mary Govaars, MLH Jewelry Designs
Melissa Trudinger, Bead Recipes
Monique Urquhart, A Half-Baked Notion
Beti Horvath, Stringing Fool
Charlene Bausinger Jacka, Clay Space
Renetha Williams Stanziano, Lamplight Crafts
Kathy Zeigler Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
Alicia Marinache, All the Pretty Things
Laurie Vyselaar, Lefthand Jewelry
Eleanor Burian-Mohr, The Charmed Life
Julie Lockhart, Copar Aingeal
Dolores Rami, CraftyD's Creations
Elizabeth Bunn, Elizabeth Beads
Mowse Doyle, Mowse Made This
Veralynne Malone, Designed by Vera
Candida Elkins Castleberry, Spun Sugar Beadworks
Shaiha Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
Christie Searle Murrow, Charis Designs Jewelry
Andrea Glick-Zenith, ZenithJade Creations

14 comments:

  1. I love your design, Leah... sometimes being "stretched" can have beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute bracelet. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am afraid that the "cat is out of the bag", Leah - I just like torturing you! lol I also find big beads a challenge. I think you did a great job! Your eclectic mix of textures and sizes just seems so "right" and works together beautifully. Great job! Thanks for being in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun bracelet! I love the varied textures and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leah - first, 'lowly' is definitely NOT a word I would use to describe a bead weaver/embroider-er - I dabble in it and can say that you are a very patient and talented beader! :) As far as stretching your muse, I think you did a beautiful job on your bracelet - very bohemian and beautiful - great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leah- Congrats on a great, chunky bracelet. You did a wonderful job out of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous beads and I just love how you highlighted them with the crystals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did a great job. I really love the ribbon in it. Looks very exotic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you Leah for embracing this challenge! As a fellow bead-weaver, I experience similar feeling when presented with certain types of beads . . . anything over 8's make me nervous! I think your pieces are quite lovely. Keep up the beautiful work and refreshing attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your creation is very very pretty, and Lisa is very good at getting us to think outside of our comfort zone. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your chunky bracelet, you really did a great job thinking outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful bracelet with beautiful beads - you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did such a beautiful job!! I'm not a chunky bead gal either, and I applaud the art you created here! Lovely summer design -- I see your expertise with patterns and color coming through clearly! Pretty -- and you have great style!

    Happy hopping,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete