My first ever Bead & Glass Boutique Dreamweaver Challenge was a challenge. I wasn't sure what was going to happen with this kit. Again, I mulled it over for a long time.....before I finally nailed down what I wanted to do. In fact, this is only the second ever piece that I actually planned out and sketched beforehand...lol. I joined this challenge because I loved the colors of the kit (this happens a lot :)).
Purples and blues, what a great combination! So, I managed to use almost all of the kit. If you're familiar with their challenges, you have to use 77% of the kit in your piece and only one piece is allowed. My issue is this: in all of these challenges they never include enough seed beads for me :P. I ended up ordering extra waxed linen, and used it to crochet part of the bezel around the cab. So, this is my piece I call it Flight of the Dreamweaver. Not one of my better pieces (and I'm sure that's because I planned it out hehe), but still I think it's a worthy piece. The only things I didn't use from the kit were two colors of rat tail cord. And I used a lampworked dichroic cab made by my friend Judy McCourt, of Annoyed Artist Beads.