Thursday 27 February 2014

Bead Journal Project February 2014

I wanted to do a piece that reflected something in my life, and I wanted to use Shibori Ribbon to do it...hehe.  I had received a gemstone pendant in the BS USA Chinese Auction last month and loved the color, and it went really well with a scrap of ribbon that I had got from Glennis Dolce of Shibori Girl Studios (Beautiful ribbon she has!)

As I was pulling beads and colors, I realized that these colors alone remind me of my parents.  The earthy tones and flow of the fabric shouted to me the name, and the rest came with the flow.  I do a lot of intuitive beading.  I find I have trouble planning things out.  What I see in my head and what shows up on the paper (when I try and sketch things out) are two very different things.  However, I find that once I pick my focal and some of the major beads to go with it, everything else just seems to fall into place.

More on my inability to plan a project later...tomorrow in fact...lol.

For now, let's discuss this piece.  I call it the Pillars of the Earth.  For a couple of reasons.  One, the colors, obviously.  They are beautiful earthy tones.  Secondly, the colors and the stones reminded me of my parents and I thought about them the whole time I was creating this piece.  They are MY Pillars of the Earth.  They are my pillars of strength, of creativity (mom is a painter, dad a woodworker, and both are very musical), they are my grounding influence and have taught me to be the same.  They are love and light and all things good, warm and fuzzy.  So, in closing,  This piece is my tribute to my mom and dad.  Thank you for being who you are, and for teaching me the things I needed to know to be a lot like you.

I love you.

I will be putting this piece in a shadow-box frame for them to hang in their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment