Tuesday 9 October 2012

Creative Genious or Slight Insanity?

They say there's a fine line between genius and insanity.  I wonder if this applies to creative people as well?  I know that many creative people throughout the ages have been found to have mental issues.  Does being hyper aware of everything count as a mental issue?  Does it come from being creative and having a penchant for detail?  I don't know, but I do know this:  if a creative person is not mentally ill then the creative process could drive that person to insanity.

Make sense?  I thought so.

So, I found this awesome beading group on Facebook as I was looking for some kind of bead "community".  Operation Tackle That Bead Stash is a group of wonderfully funny people who love to bead!  Every month there are different challenges posted and you have the option of participating in them and posting pictures of the outcome.  I was originally looking for someone to commit to a bead swap, but as most of these people are across the world in the UK, I guess that's a little out of the question.  In my first 12 hours as a member of the group, I joined a challenge, saw some absolutely stunning pictures of completed jewelry projects, learned a couple of tricks of the trade, and had a wonderfully hilarious conversation about Jaffa Cakes (?), sea sponges, and taxed/non-taxed items across the pond.  What a great group! I have come to the conclusion (tentative) that if one must be a little insane to be creative, then why do it alone?

Speaking of insanity, I wonder how many other creative people are out there at 4:30 in the morning blogging because they have worried a thought to death when they should be sleeping?

No comments:

Post a Comment